Learn how to extend your current DBA skills into Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Sybase, and more
If you’re a DBA, at some point in your career you’ll have to support two or more types of database platforms. Whether they come to you via new applications, a company acquisition, or somehow just pop up (darn those app developers!), supporting databases beyond your comfort zone can be challenging.
During this lively conversation, Stephen Wynkoop and Scott Walz will present real world examples as they discuss the five things every DBA needs to know when managing multiple database platforms:
- Schema and data migration and reporting
- Security management
- Object management and change management
- Detecting and diagnosing storage problems
- Diagnosing and repairing performance problems
Attend this webinar and you’ll learn:
- Proactive techniques you can use to improve database performance
- How setting up a proactive storage monitoring plan can improve availability while decreasing your hardware costs
- How to use the latest tools to increase you own productivity while expanding your skills into unfamiliar databases
- A general understanding of the variables involved in managing multiple database platforms
Scott Walz has more than 15 years of experience in database development and administration and currently serves as the senior director of product management for Embarcadero Technologies. In this position, Scott oversees the direction of the company's database product family, while focusing on database development and administration products. Prior to joining Embarcadero four years ago, Scott served as a development lead for Louisville Gas & Electric. He holds a bachelor's degree in computer information systems from Western Kentucky University.
Stephen is a Microsoft SQL Server MVP and the founder of SSWUG.ORG. He writes a daily column and newsletter on the site and produces a weekly SQL Server video program on the site. Stephen is the author of more than 12 books translated into 7 languages around the world. Stephen has spoken at numerous technology conferences and reports regularly on the happenings in the technology world.
Wednesday, June 30th, 2010
Your registration includes a FREE six month membership to SSWUG.org (worth $US49.95), with unlimited access to:
One Live Attendee will WIN a copy of DB Artisan XE!