There are many C++11 websites, blog posts, videos and articles available that will help you take advantage of the new C++Builder XE3 64-bit compiler when it is released this month. Here are a few of my favorite C++ language and C++Builder sites, blogs, articles and videos.
- ISOCPP.org - News, Status & Discussion about Standard C++: http://www.isocpp.org/
- Bjarne Stroustrup’s home page: http://www.stroustrup.com/
- Bjarne Stroustrup’s C++11 FAQ: http://www.stroustrup.com/C++11FAQ.html
- Scott Meyer’s blog "The View From Aristeia": http://scottmeyers.blogspot.com/
- A Tour of C++ by Bjarne Stroustrup: http://isocpp.org/tour
- Boost Libraries website: http://www.boost.org/
- C++Builder Developer’s Journal - http://bcbjournal.org/
- A Quick Introduction to C++ by Tom Anderson (University of Washington, 29 page PDF): http://homes.cs.washington.edu/~tom/c++example/c++.pdf
- Clang - a C language family frontend for LLVM: http://clang.llvm.org/
- C++98 and C++11 Support in Clang: http://clang.llvm.org/cxx_status.html
- Working Draft Standard for the Programming Language C++ (November 2, 2012): http://www.open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/docs/papers/2012/n3485.pdf
- MIT Open Courseware – Introduction to C++: http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-096-introduction-to-c-january-iap-2011/
- C++Builder VCL tutorials: http://www.functionx.com/bcb/index.htm
- Cplusplus.com’s C++ Language Tutorials: http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
- CProgramming.com’s C++ Tutorials: http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial/c++-tutorial.html
- Microsoft’s Going Native 2012 replay videos (Distinguished speakers include the creator of C++, Bjarne Stroustrup, C++ Standards Committee Chair, Herb Sutter, C++ template and big compute master, Andrei Alexandrescu, STL master Stephan T. Lavavej, LLVM/Clang developer Chandler Carruth, distributed and parallel computing expert Hans Boehm, and C++ library design expert and ISO committee member Andrew Sutton) : http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/GoingNative/GoingNative-2012
If you have other favorite websites, blogs, videos and articles, post the links as a comment.
CodeRage 7 C++ conference, December 10-12, 2012
A reminder, the CodeRage 7 C++ conference starts next Monday, December 10, 2012 at 6am Pacific Standard Time (14:00 UTC). There are 3 days of C++ sessions including my special live, online conversation with Bjarne Stroustrup at 8am PST (16:00 UTC) on Monday. Some of the C++ sessions you won’t want to miss are included in my blog post on November 21 -http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2012/11/21/41993.
During the first 25 days of December leading up to Christmas, I will blog about the upcoming release of the C++Builder 64-bit compiler for Microsoft Windows and C++Builder XE3 support for building VCL and FireMonkey 2 applications (sorry these first two are late).