Embarcadero Paves Way for First Commercial Grade C++ Platform for Native iOS, Android, Windows & Mac
Embarcadero Paves Way for First Commercial Grade C++ Platform
for Native iOS, Android, Windows & Mac
Roadmap announces C++11 RAD cross-platform for desktop and mobile platforms
SAN FRANCISCO –May 30, 2012 – Embarcadero Technologies, a leading provider of application development tools, today announced its new C++ tools roadmap. Embarcadero's current C++Builder XE2 solution enables C++ developers to rapidly deliver high performance C++ native applications across Windows and Mac OS X with a single C++ codebase. The new roadmap announcement details plans to support the new C++11 standard and expands cross-platform C++ and FireMonkey framework support to 64-bit Windows, iOS, and Android making multi-platform delivery far more cost effective for development organizations. The new C++ architecture also utilizes and extends open source Clang and LLVM technologies shared with Apple's Xcode development environment.
“Organizations today must consider a mix of platforms in their product decisions. However, the time and cost of developing for multiple platforms is a significant inhibitor," said Michael Swindell, senior vice president of marketing and product management at Embarcadero. “Today, our C++Builder XE2 solution solves the native Win/Mac time and cost issues by combining RAD with a single C++ code base for Windows and Mac. So we're very excited about our plans to extend these advantages to the most popular mobile platforms; iOS and Android. Our goal for C++Builder to be the C++ solution that helps development teams natively address all the key platform their business requires while keeping schedules and development costs in check."
C++Builder XE2 today supports:
- Windows 7 – Developers can build high-performance native applications and libraries for Windows XP, Vista, Server 2003/2008, and Windows 7, using the popular VCL framework and now FireMonkey
- Mac OSX – Windows developers can easily rebuild Windows applications and libraries to target native Mac OS X with Intel using a single source code base with FireMonkey
- RAD C++ support – With RAD C++ developers can enjoy the best of both worlds – a highly productive visual development environment with the full power of C++
The roadmap includes plans for:
- 64-Bit Support – responding to customer demand, the new C++ compilers will fully supports 64-bit compilation and memory addressing for highly efficient 64-bit applications and libraries
- C++11 Standards Support – New C/C++ compilers will gain the industry's best in C++11 and C99 language and library compliance
- ARM support for Mobile Platforms – Embarcadero's C++ toolchain will natively support ARM processors enabling native mobile device support with shared developer code bases for both iOS and Android development
“C++ is very widely used throughout the IT industry,” said Mark Driver, research vice president at Gartner. “AD (application development) organizations should consider C and C++ where hardware or software runtime constraints require a small and fast runtime alternative to assembly language. Consequently, it (C++) retains high usage among commercial independent software vendors (ISVs) and within OT, embedded and mobile AD initiatives.”
As a special promotion, Embarcadero is offering a C++ Builder XE2 with Maintenance bundle includes a preview the new 64-bit C++ compiler and all upgrades for one year, plus an additional 20% savings on the C++ Builder license. Click here to try C++Builder and to receive the latest offers.
About C++ Builder
Embarcadero C++Builder XE2 is the only true visual C++ development environment - designed for ultra-fast, component-based creation of highly-maintainable, visually stunning GUI applications for Windows and Mac OS X. C++Builder's fully visual two-way RAD IDE with VCL and FireMonkey frameworks include hundreds of built in application components and is extendable with thousands of available 3rd party components to speed and simplify building visually-rich and data-intensive end-user applications.
About Embarcadero Technologies
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc., a software management and delivery company, is a leading provider of database and application development software tools, as well as the only Enterprise App Store platform built for regular PC software. By using Embarcadero‘s award-winning products, professionals can design systems right, build them faster and run them better, regardless of their platform or programming language. Three million users worldwide and 90 of the Fortune 100 companies rely on Embarcadero products to increase productivity, reduce costs, simplify change management and compliance, and accelerate innovation. Founded in 1993, Embarcadero is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices located around the world. Embarcadero is online at www.embarcadero.com.
Embarcadero, the Embarcadero Technologies logos and all other Embarcadero Technologies product or service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Atomic PR for Embarcadero