The new official page for the free Borland C++ Compiler download is http://www.embarcadero.com/products/cbuilder/free-compiler.
Visit the free C++Builder Compiler download page to:
- Download the free C++ compiler - the classic 5.5 version of the Borland C++ compiler
- Learn about C++Builder Starter - a low-priced entry-level edition of C++Builder that includes the latest C++ compiler, editor, debugger, and visual tools and components
- Get a free trial of C++Builder Architect - the high end edition of C++Builder which includes everything in Starter plus easy connectivity to popular databases, advanced coding tools, modeling, multi-tier development, web application development and much more!
You can also watch demo videos, get additional product information, and learn about all of the tools and components available to work with C++Builder.
C++Builder is also available as part of RAD Studio which combines C++Builder with Delphi for rapidly creating Windows applications, Delphi Prism for .NET and cross-platform Mono, RadPHP for visual PHP web development, and a free developer edition of the InterBase database.
The BCC32 Compiler is the high performance foundation and core technology of Embarcadero’s award-winning C++Builder product line.
This free classic version download of the Borland C++ Compiler 5.5 includes ANSI/ISO C++ language support, the STL (Standard Template Library) framework and C++ template support, and the complete Borland C/C++ Runtime Library (RTL). Also included in the free download are the C/C++ command line tools such as the high performance linker and resource compiler.
The free compiler download includes:
- Borland C++ Compiler v5.5 (bcc32)
- Turbo Incremental Linker (tlink32)
- Resource Compiler / Binder (brc32, brcc32)
- C++ Win32 Preprocessor (cpp32)
- ANSI/OEM character set file conversion utility (fconvert)
- Import Definitions utility to provide information about DLLs (impdef)
- Import Library utility to create import libraries from DLLs (implib)
- Turbo Dump to structurally analyze EXE, OBJ and LIB files (tdump)
- Librarian for symbol case-conversion, creating extended libraries and modifying page size (tlib)
- Borland C/C++ Runtime Library
- ANSI/ISO Standard Template Library (STL)
The latest version of the C++ compiler, libraries and C++0x standards support are available in Embarcadero C++Builder XE.