Help Updates for RAD Studio 2007 Release Notes and Installation Guide
By: Dee Elling
Abstract: Help Updates for RAD Studio 2007 Release Notes and Installation Guide
In This Article
Release Notes: Help Updates for CodeGear RAD Studio 2007
RAD Studio 2007 Help Updates provide bug fixes and other improvements to the Help system.
See http://dn.codegear.com/article/37542/ for updates to these release notes.
Visit CodeGear CodeCentral for versions of the RAD Studio Help in CHM and PDF formats.
Installing this update uninstalls the current help and then installs and registers the newest Help Update.
This Help Update can be applied to:
- CodeGear RAD Studio 2007
- C++Builder 2007 Update 3
- Delphi 2007 for Win32 Update 3
Important: This Help Update cannot be applied to prior software versions. You must update RAD Studio to one of the versions listed above to be able to use the Help Update mechanism.
Help Update History
Installing the Help Update from the Registered Users Site
You can obtain the help update download from the Registered Users Site. Install Help Updates using this command:
Known Problems with the Help Update Installer
- If you close the Update before the install completes, when you run Check Update again, a message says there is no Update available. The workaround is to download and run HelpSetup /upgrade from the Registered Users Site.
- If you have registered 3rd party help in the
RAD Studio/5.0/Help/Doc/h2reg.ini file, you may have problems if you used syntax that is not compatible with RAD Studio Help. See How to Plug 3rd-Party Help into RAD Studio Help for instructions.
Improving Install Performance
The MSI-based Delphi installer uses a transactional database to keep track of its actions. This feature enables you to cancel and "rollback" the installation process, which means you can backtrack the install actions performed up to that point.
You can disable the rollback support by setting the following entry:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
You can also use the same setting under HKCU, which will be applied in a per-user basis.
Notice that this setting will affect *all* MSI-based installs, not only the help install.
Turn the registry setting back after you are done. Either delete the registry entry or set the value to 0.
DisableAutomaticApplicationShutdown (Vista Only)
This registry entry setting disables the Restart Manager, which tracks files in use during an install process. (On Vista-based install, this can cause long delays.)
For the following registry entry:
Set a DWORD value named DisableAutomaticApplicationShutdown to 1.
Improvements in Help Update 4, June 2008
- In the VCL:
- Descriptions of VCL elements have been added or updated in the following namespaces: ButtonGroup, Buttons, Forms, Math, System, Types, and TypInfo.
- The Doc team has fixed approximately 5 bugs in the online help.
Improvements in Help Update 3, April 2008
- In the VCL:
- Delphi and C++ code examples have been added or updated in the following namespaces: AppEvnts, Classes, Clipbrd, Comctrls, DB, Dialogs, ExtCtrls, FileCtrl, Forms, Graphics, Jpeg, Menus, StdCtrls, System, SysUtils, and Types.
- Descriptions of VCL elements have been added or updated in the following namespaces: Controls, Dialogs, Forms, Graphics.
- The Doc team has fixed approximately 15 bugs in the online help.
Improvements in Help Update 2, February 2008
- In the VCL:
- Delphi code examples have been added or edited in the following namespaces: Dialogs, SysUtils, SysInit, and System.
- C++ code examples have been added or edited in the following namespace: ActnList, AppEvnts, Controls, DB, Dialogs, Forms, Graphics, Grids, System, and SysUtils.
- The C++ classes in the System namespace have been restored to the help. This namespace includes the classes AnsiString, Currency, and so forth.
- The Delphi built-in functions (such as Copy, Read, ReadLn, Write, WriteLn, and so forth) have been restored to the System namespace.
- Internal hyperlinks have been corrected in a number of namespaces.
- The Blackfish SQL Developer's Guide is now part of the online help, and appears in the Contents as a separate library.
- The Doc team has fixed approximately 60 bugs in the online help
Known Problems in the Help for RAD Studio 2007
- For Japanese, French, and German, there are minor issues in the table of contents.
- Some English content has not yet been translated.
- For VCL on .NET, F1 help is not working for properties in the Object Inspector.
- There are several areas where content is missing or incomplete, as tracked on Quality Central.
- When a function is overloaded, the function syntax may be repeated on the function list page, but the links go to the same page. There are many QC reports for this problem.
Copyright © 2008 CodeGear Software. All rights reserved.
Published on: 1/21/2008 1:27:21 PM
Server Response from: ETNASC03