投稿者:: Tim DelChiaro
概要: Step by step instructions for installing InterBase XE on Linux
Before you get started you need to do the following:
● A Developer’s Network account is required. Click http://edn.embarcadero.com to either log on to an existing account or create a new one.
● Go to https://downloads.embarcadero.com/free/interbase and download InterBase XE (10.0.4.590) 32-bit Developer Edition for Linux.The file is InterBase_XE_Linux.tar.gz.
● After extracting the Linux Tar, run install_linux.sh. This ensure that the sanctuary library for registration is set in the environment.
Home > Part I: Getting Started > Installing InterBase XE Update 4 for Linux > Installation
1. Run the script install_linux.sh as a root user.
Note: The installation requires an Administrator password to install the software.
2. In the InterBase XE License Registration enter the Serial Number that was sent to your EDN account. You also need to enter your Login and Password.
3. Follow the wizard and in the Choose Install pane, select the Server and Client option. This is the default setting.
4. Leave the default setting of “No” in the Multi-Instance InterBase pane.
5. On the Choose Install Folder pane, select Restore Default Folder which is Macintosh HD > Applications > InterBase.
6. Review the Pre-Installation Summary and then click Install.
7. In the InterBase XE License Registration enter the Serial Number that was sent to your EDN account. You also need to enter your Login and Password.
8. Click Register. Once the registration is complete you are notified that you now have the InterBase XE Server Edition 90 Days Trial.
9. Click Finish and you are returned to the install wizard. Click Done
10. InterBase for Mac is command-line application. To start the server go to: opt > InterBase > bin > ibmgr.
This information comes from the InterBase Quick Start Guide.
Could not retrieve comments. Please try again later.