By: Tim DelChiaro
Abstract: Step by step instructions for installing InterBase XE on Windows 7
Home > Part I: Getting Started > Installing InterBase XE Update 4 for Windows XP/Windows 7 > Installation
1. Double-click the InterBase_XE_Win32.zip file, and then double-click ib_install.exe.
Note: It is recommended that your exit all Windows programs before running the setup program.
2. Following the instructions as you are guided through the install wizard.
3. In the Multi Instance Feature pane, make sure you leave the default setting of “No”.
4. In the Select Components pane, select Server and Client, Documentation, and Register and click Next.
5. Leave the default destination folder as is and click Next again to start the installation. The Embarcadero InterBase XE installation dialog opens.
6. Once InterBase is installed the InterBase XE Product Registration dialog appears.
7. When you selected to download your application, you were emailed a serial number. Enter it and your DN account information and click Register
8. Click Finish to complete the installation.
This information comes from the InterBase Quick Start Guide.
Free Developer Edition!
Click here to download a free non-expiring Developer Edition or 30-day trial >
More InterBase Info
InterBase XE7 Product Info
Free Developer Edition download
InterBase on Google+
Follow @InterBase on Twitter
Server Response from: ETNASC03